Home » , , » Observing the Nature

Observing the Nature



This post is a modified revisit to November 9th 2016.

From my kitchen window I can see a pergola where my husband feeds the birds.
A couple of days ago there he was,  sitting on the pergola - a northern goshawk!
This  time he had no catch and was a bit smaller than last time.


Last time (October 2016) I got really frightened for the goshawk bumped straight
to my kitchen window grabbed with  a wood pigeon - dead of course. 
Looking from the window I saw the hawk sitting a bit stunned because of the impact.
After a few minutes it flew away with its catch.


I live a half an hour from the centre of Helsinki, so this is no wilderness.
But beside my house there is a small woods, very dense with old spruces etc.
I think the hawk lives there and keeps an eye on the small birds.

My garden is absolutely lifeless, like after a nuclear catastrophe. 
All hundreds of sparrows, great tits and black birds are hiding. No bird at sight.
It feels quite awkward & odd. I wonder how many days it takes until they return?

I don't know if this is any Gartenglück, but I'll link
to Loretta's and Wolfgang's nice meme.


The photos are not mine, but my friend's - Thank you Harri!
Wishing you all a nice weekend.


 
Support : Copyright © 2023. HD Wallpapers Download - All Rights Reserved