Floral Bliss #76



I paid a visit to Rhododendron Park in Haaga, Helsinki. The link tells widely about
this stunning park with 8 hectares dedicated to rhododendrons and azaleas.
Founded in the 1970's the area has been a research garden for the University of Helsinki’s 
plant breeding programme. I.a. these varieties have found their way to the market:
‘Haaga’, ‘Helsinki University’, ‘St. Michel’, ‘P.M.A. Tigerstedt’, ‘Axel Tigerstedt’, 
‘Pekka’, ‘Eino’ and ‘Mauritz’.



Haagan Alppiruusupuisto on kerrassaan upea 8 hehtaarin puisto, 
joka on omistettu alppiruusuille ja azaleoille.
1970-luvulla perustettu puisto on toiminut Helsingin yliopiston kasvinjalostuksen koealueena 
ja sieltä myyntiin ovat päässeet mm.’Haaga’, ’Helsinki University’, ’St. Michel’, 
’P.M.A. Tigerstedt’, ’Axel Tigerstedt’, ’Pekka’, ’Eino’ ja ’Mauritz’.


St Michel / my garden 2017
The timing of my visit was not perfect. I should have gone a week ago 
but still especially azaleas looked charming and their scent was wonderful.
As to rhododendrons mainly whites were still in bloom and I suppose they were 'St. Michel'.
I did not get close enough so I added a few photos from my 'St. Michel'.


St. Michel's buds are pink, then the flower fades into white / My garden 2017

Käyntini ajoitus ei ollut paras mahdollinen. Kukinta oli huipussaan viikko sitten,
mutta silti erityisesti azaleat olivat hurmaavia ja ihanasti tuoksuvia.
Käytännössä vaion kookkaat valkoiset rhodot olivat kukassa, ja luulen että lajike on 'Mikkeli'.
Koska en päässyt riitävän lähelle, lisäsin muutaman kuvan omasta 'Mikkelistäni.



I'll save the gorgeous azaleas for another post. - Ihanat tuoksuvat azaleat jätän toiseen kertaan.

Cornus canadiensis - Kanadanruohokanukka

THE LINK IS OPEN 
FROM TUESDAY 4 PM TILL THE NEXT MONDAY 4 PM
Helsinki time
Please join & share your photos with us!


Color to your week! - Väriä viikkoonne!

 
Support : Copyright © 2023. HD Wallpapers Download - All Rights Reserved