Home » , , » Floral Bliss #70

Floral Bliss #70


Foto: Public domain
This week's Floral Bliss is posted already today for I want to wish you Happy May Day! 

We don't have many carnival days in Finland, but the 1st of May surely is one of them.
We call these two day celebrations by the name Vappu.
Young and old put their student caps on, kids have colourful balloons, 
people camp in parks and drink champagne or some heavier stuff and chorus are singing.

CC-BY-SA-3.0

The famous statue in the first photo is situated near the market place in the centre of Helsinki 
and is called Havis Amanda.
It is designed by the sculptor Ville Vallgren and since 1908 the statue has delighted 
both citizens of Helsinki as well as tourists.
At 6 o'clock pm on the 30th of April students put a huge white student cap on her head.
Usually there is a big & loud audience. I'm too old for these crowds and prefer to stay at home.


Last year I made this collage to the Color Collage Challenge.
It seems that we got some new snow near Vappu last year - I had totally forgotten!
Colors of Vappu - showing also my husband's student cap.
The pompom in his cap means that he was a student of technology, I studied marketing - no pompom.



I connect red roses to the political celebrations of the 1st of May.
In my garden Rosa rugosa 'Rotes Meer' is most close to red,
so I chose a cut red rose from March 2017 & another from my garden.



I just have to add this lovely Spring Banner that my friend Milli made for my book blog.
If you need some visual help, please contact her.
...
Jos kaipaat visuaalista apua jossain, kurkkaa & ota yhteyttä: 
Instagram / @millinmaa - kuvia galleriassa Millisesti.


THE LINK IS OPEN 
FROM TUESDAY 4 PM TILL THE NEXT MONDAY 4 PM
Helsinki time
Please join & share your photos with us!



Wishing you a great May Day! - Hyvää vappua!

 
Support : Copyright © 2023. HD Wallpapers Download - All Rights Reserved